Statcounter

dinsdag 28 maart 2017

Throwback songs: remember these ones?


Ever remember this song from years ago that nobody ever plays again? When I'm in a sentimental mood I always go back to the 2003/2004 era, I was about 12 years old back then and some of that music brings back so many memories. But most of these songs are long forgotten, so I figured I would dig up a few and share them with you today. How many do you remember?


In 2003 Stacie Orrico scored a hit with the song Stuck. I remember hearing this song on the radio and seeing it on tv at the time and I just loved it. The best memory of this song that I have is singing it with a friend while on my bike, on my way home from school. I must have been 11 or 12 when the song came out, but whenever I play it on occasion the song still rocks. It has this lovely pop rock vibe to it and its just a great catchy song. This seems to be Stacie's biggest hit, I do remember her releasing one or two other song after this one, but I don't think they did as well as Stuck. It's not completely clear what she's doing at the moment. After a hiatus she announced a comeback and a new album in 2013, but the album was never released. She did perform on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in 2015, but musically nothing more came from her after that it seems.

Now Misfit by Amy Studt was my jam! Literally, I loved this song a lot and I still do. Again, it has this pop rock sound that I really loved when I was 11/12 years old. The song is super catchy and I'm sure many people must remember this one. Now Amy Studt is a name I actually sort of kept up with. A couple of years ago I got curious and looked her up. In 2008 she released a new album, very different from songs like Misfit. It was actually quite a great album, but unofrtunately it's nowhere to be found on Spotify. But here's one the the songs of the album, called Chasing The Light. In 2015 she released a new single called Different Colour Pills. A new album is supposed to follow in the future, according to her Facebook page she still seems to be recording and mixing songs. So no clear sign when a possible album will be done.

Another typical 2004 song is Leave (Get Out) by Jojo. I think everyone around my age (I'm 25) will probably remember this song. After scoring a few smaller hits unfortunately JoJo also dropped off the radar. In 2015 started making a comeback by releasing an EP. In 2016 she released a full new album. she even opened for Fifth Harmony on their US and Toronto dates of their 7/27 tour. Leave (Get Out) still remians on my all time favorite pop songa, it's just really catchy and I like the attitude of the song.

Everyone knows Hilary Duff right? Anyone that's in their 20's must remember Lizzie McGuire, it certainly was one of my favorite tv shows growing up. After Lizzie McGuire, Hilary Duff continued a succesful singing and acting career. The last few years she has fallen off the radar a little but, she did release some music in 2015, but it didn't really become a huge success. In 2016 she announced she was working on new music, so a new album might be coming this year. In the mean time So Yesterday remains a great classic and really fun song. Even 14 years after it was released.

These were some of my favorite throwback song. I might do these again in the future if you enjoyed reading this. Please leave a comment below to let me know what you thought of these songs. Any feedback is always appreciated, so please leave a comment below.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten