Statcounter

woensdag 29 maart 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 7

I'm back today with 2 new Eurovision songs to show you. We are almost nearing the end of the first semi final. On Friday I will be starting with the song from the second semi final. Today I have Portugal and Slovenia to show you, take a look below to continue to the songs.


Representing Portugal is Salvador Sobral with the song Amar Delos Pois. Now I always have a hard time with songs in a language that is not English when it comes to Eurovision. I have nothing against the culture of the artists that choose to do so, but it just makes it hard for me to relate to a song. I'm not a huge fan of this song in general, it has a charming quality but it's just not my cup of tea. Looking at the comments I see many people are able to take something from this, or just generally enjoy the song. I do think it has a chance for the grand-final, because of the charming quality, people seem to like that. Time will tell have to tell if I'm right.

With the song On My Way, representing Slovenia is Omar Naber. I'm not sure what to think of the song. It feels kind of old and boring and a little cheesy if I'm being honest. The lyrics are nice, but taking one glance at the YouTube comments already tells me there's a lot if people who seem to dislike this song. The singer is good, but his posing is horrible and doesn't fit the song at all. It's like 90's boyband meets Freddie Mercury. With both separately there's nothing wrong, put it together and it makes a horrible clash. As I'm writing this the song has more dislike than likes on YouTube, which says a lot. Unless he really spices up the performance and leave the horrible poses behind I don't think he's got much of a shot for the grand-finals.

Then finally I have a small rectification to make. In part 1 I worte about Lindita representing Albania with the song Botë. She is still performing that song, but has made the decision to perform in English. So her song will now be called World. In English most of my opinion still stands, though I do think the song sounds stronger and is for sure more relatable. I think it has a strong chanc eof ending up in the final. Watch the video for World below.



What did you think of today's songs? Please leave a comment below to let me know your opinion.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten