Statcounter

maandag 27 maart 2017

My favorite girl group songs

In today's article I would like to show you some of my favorite girl group songs. Growing up I have witnessed many girl groups in the charts and nowadays they're still there. Now a small warning beforehand, not every well known girl group might be in here. I just chose the ones that are my personal favorites and that I know the best. The funny thing is that due to becoming a One Direction fan you also sort of get Little Mix and even Fifth Harmony as a bonus. Since they all came from X Factor the names always go hand in hand. The songs I chose are some of my favorites and in many occasion also some lesser known songs. Everyone knows the hits, but it's way more fun to explore something new. Check below to see which songs I chose.

Spice Girls - Love Thing
To start things of I am starting with the girl group among girl groups, the Spice Girls. Let's be real, who doesn't love the Spice Girls? They were one of the biggest girl groups ever and everyone has heard of them. Love Thing is a song of their album Spice, it's not one of their most known song, which is a shame. The song is super catchy and makes me want to get up and dance when I play it. Everyone knows songs like Wannabe or Two Become One, but this one definitely deserves some credit.



Atomic Kitten - If You Come To Me

How many people still remember Atomic Kitten? I think they are one of the least known girl groups ever perhaps. I don't even think they had a ton of hits. I'm not even sure if someone has ever heard of them outside of the UK and Europe. If you know them you might remember them from songs Like The Tide is High or Whole Again. This song was a single, but it's not the song everyone first thinks of. While it is quite a charming song, the chorus is my favorite part.



Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground
I think Girls Aloud is sort of a similar story as Atomic Kitten, they had a few hits and mostly in the UK and part of Europe. I remember them quite well, cause they were popular around the time I was really starting to get interested in music. Sound Of The Underground isn't really an unknown song, but it's such a fun song. Let's be real, the bassline in the background, the beat, the chorus, it's a super catchy song.

 

Sugababes - Shape
Now Sugababes are such an underrated girl group in my opinion. Just like previous names they didn't really have much success outside the UK and Europe, but I think they deserved more. Officially I have always considered Round, Round my favorite Sugababes song, but Shape is probably closely behind in second place. The reason I chose Shape is because it's possibly a little lesser known than Round, Round. Also, it has a sample of Shape Of My Heart by Sting in it, which is makes the song to what it is. I have always loved the Sugababes, probably cause they were the biggest girl group while I was growing up. To this day I still love them a lot, they are severely underrated in my opinion.



Little Mix - Boy
Moving on to the modern era girl groups. First of is Little Mix and their song Boy. Little Mix are such talented singers, vocal wise I think they might be one of the best girl groups in history. They don't just rely on a good backing track, but they can really bring it. Now this song starts acapella, which sounds impressive on the record, but if they do it live they sound even more amazing. Boy is an amazing song which is really mostly vocal driven, even the instrumental parts. Which is what makes it such an great song.



Fifth Harmony - We Know
Last up is Fifth Harmony and their song We Know. We Know is featured on their first album Reflection. Unfortunately this album doesn't have a lot of solo's for some of the members, especially Lauren Jauregui. Which is an absolute shame, because in my opinion she has the best voice of the group. Fortunately she has a big part on We Know, which is immediately what makes the song so amazing. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Camilla Cabello's voice, who gets most of the vocals on the album. So it's a nice change to hear Lauren stand out for a change. Fortunately on their second album Lauren got featured more than on Reflection. We Know is a great song, cause it has this laid back style, which gives the girls a chance to shine and show their vocals.



These were my favorite girl group tracks. Let me know in the comments below what your favorite girl group is and what your favorite track is.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten