Statcounter

zondag 5 maart 2017

A little introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Caroline, I'm 26 years old and live in the Netherlands. A very warm welcome to my blog. I have started this blog with the intention of writing about my biggest passion, music. I don't aim to be the next Rolling Stone or the next NME. Why not you ask? Well the answer is simple, there already are so many websites that do this. Also, I am not a journalist, I am someone who enjoys music, purely from a consumer point of view. I don't play an instruments, I can't really sing, but I love listening to music and going to concerts. So I figured I would try and see if anyone is interested in reading about it.

I have have several other blogs in the past, but I never quite committed to them as well as I maybe should have. But I fully intend to do it right this time around. So what can you expect from this blog? Anything to do with music, concert reviews, album reviews, music recommendations, a little bit of tech and probably much more as time goes by. What I will not be talking about here is music news and gossip. That's not the type of blog I want to be.

I love sharing music with my friends and on social media, but there's only so much you can share and so many people you can share it with before people are getting annoyed . So I figured I would broaden my audience and see who else are out there. I hope that through this blog I can share some great music with people. That's where the name 'Seed The Music' comes in. To me the name literally means, "to seed the music". To plant a seed by sharing something and hope the seed will start growing and the music will be shared and enjoyed by many more people.

Music is something that can unite people, it can cause so many emotions. That's the most beautiful thing about it. It's a universal language. And while the charts my vary from one country to another, most of the time you can count on it that a lot of the songs that are on the radio at home are also on the radio on the other side of the world. Yet there are also artists that don't make it all the way across the world. So while the language is the same, there may be variations in it from country to country. So you can still discover new things when you're away from home. Also a song can bring back so many memories. If a certain song has been played a lot while you were on holiday then there's a good chance you will keep associating that song with that holiday for example.

For now I will remain from sharing my favorite music with you. Cause there will be plenty of that to come in the (near) future. But I can say that I have a very eclectic taste. From rock to pop to a little country and so on. I don't discriminate based on genre, I just listen what I like and what gives me pleasure. That's the most important thing. I'm some higher power that tells you that if you listen to artist X you can't be taken seriously. If you listen to artist A then you can't listen to artist B. Music is for everyone and belongs to everyone. I am not going to dictate your taste, so I encourage everyone to keep an open mind and enjoy whatever you hear. I'm not someone who religiously follows the charts or listens to the radio every day to hear what's new. I find music in my own way. Sometimes through the radio. Often through YouTube. Sometimes I walk in a store and I hear a song playing over the sound system and I use my phone to find out which song it is.

That's it for now. You will be getting to know me more and more as time goes on. I hope everyone will enjoy what I write about. If you have any suggestions on what to post, feel free to leave a comment.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten