Statcounter

woensdag 15 maart 2017

Eurovison: The contestants part 3

Today I'll be showing you 2 more candidates for Eurovision 2017. But before that I need to apologize for not posting yesterday and for being late today. I've been a little busy and my planning got a little messed up. On Twitter I promised you a double post today, but unfortunately I can't live up to that. But I also had to write for tomorrow and it was also election day here in The Netherlands. So I wanted to keep up with that as well. Starting tomorrow everything should be back to it's usual schedule. Now on to the next 2 Eurovision candidates. Let's take a look below.


The first contestant for today is Dihaj who will be representing Azerbaijan with the song Skeletons. Unfortunately there is no live performance to be found yet for this song, so I had to judge from the official video. This song is tricky for me, it sounds good, but I'm not sure it will do well enough to make it to the Grand Final. Far away the song reminds me a little bit of Lorde (minus the voice). It's not super catchy, the only part I can remember of the lyrics is "I'm a skeleton". I like the song, but I'm not sure it has the quality to stand out.


Finland will be represented by Norma John with the song Blackbird. Now I'm gonna be very honest about this one. I absolutely do not like this one. Out of everything so far I dislike this one the most. I don't mind a ballad or something simple. But with the dress I feel like she's overdressed for a funeral and I don't understand the song at all. This really doesn't do anything for me at all. In the YouTube comments I see that there's quite a few people that actually like it. I'm not sure if this is just me or if this is a cultural difference. I have a feeling this might actually make it to the Grand Final, despite my opinion it. But it doesn't I wouldn't be surprised as well. Time will have to tell with this one.

That's it for today. Please leave a comment letting me know what you thought of today's selections. I'd love to hear your opinions on the songs.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten