Statcounter

zondag 26 maart 2017

My week in music


It's that time of the week again where I'll be showing you what music I've been listening to this week. This time I actually managed to listen to a few cd's as well. Let's not waste any more time and get right to it below.

The cd's I've been playing this week are seen in the picture at the top. I've been in a bit of a rock mood it seems if I look at this, yet my Last FM also shows enough other music. I started at the beginning of the week with the album Who You Selling For by The Pretty Reckless. This is their latest album, which they released near the end of last year. I own all 3 of their albums and I honestly think they're such a great band. Their lyrics might be a bit dark for some, but musically I think they deserve a lot of credit. In case you might be familiar with them, their lead singer is Taylor Momsen, who some might know as Jenny "Little J" Humphrey from Gossip Girl.



Then after that I moved on to Halestorm's album Into The Wild Life. Halestorm is such a fantastic band as well, right up there with The Pretty Reckless. It's nice to have some girl power in a genre that is dominated by a lot of men. Lead singer Lzzy Hale definitely brings that to the table. Her voice is incredibly powerful and strong. Halestorm's music is a very interesting mix of mostly hardrock with an edge of country in there. Not the most popular combo for some, but I think it works for them.



Currently I'm still listening to Guns N' Roses' album Live Era '87 - '93. I started playing it yesterday, but didn't get the chance to finish it. So I'm playing it now while writing the article. The album is a live album with a collection of songs recorded between 1987 and 1993. I've been a huge Guns N' Roses fan for years, especially when I was around the age of 14. Sometimes you don't listen to them for a while and you almost take for granted how great their music actually is. Until you hear it somewhere or decide to play it and you realize. Even though it's not one concert that was recorded it still sound phenomenal and it has all the classics and more on there.



Looking at my Last FM page it shows that most listened artist this week is Stargate. Which is because of their song Waterfall featuring P!nk and Sia. This is also the most played track of this week. I had to get used to it a little at first, but it's a good song. Very addictive, maybe a little bit repetitive, but I can get past that.

Most of the other music that I played has been quite random mostly, with a few exceptions. I played some Dubliners tracks after I got inspired by the article about my musical influences. The Lissie plays were in preparation for my article about Lissie I wrote for you. Then besides that I played some Little Mix because I really like their Salute album, it's my favorite album of theirs and in my opinion their best. Then I also played Dua Lipa, just because I really like her music. I think she's a very talented girl and I'm very excited for her debut album.

I also played Zayn's new single Still Got Time featuring PARTYNEXTDOOR a few times, but I decided it's not for me. Nothing wrong with the song, just not my music. Then at the top there's 2 plays of Spice Girls that were in preparation for the article I was actually planning to write yesterday. But at the last minute I decided I wanted to write about One Direction, so that's what I ended up doing. The other article will probably see the light sometime soon.

That's it again for now. My song of the week for last week was definitely Waterfall by Stargate ft P!nk & Sia.



Please let me know in the comments what you have been listening to over the past week.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten