Statcounter

vrijdag 10 maart 2017

Eurovision 2017: The contestants part 2

Last Wednesday I started part 1 of my Eurovision series. I showed you the contestants for Albania and Australia. Today I will be showing you 3 more contestants from Belgium, Cyprus and Czech Republic. The next parts will also be posted on Wednesday and Friday, just like I did this week. time to get going with the contestants.



The first contestant of today is Blanche with the song City Lights. She will be representing Belgium this year. City Lights seems like a pop song with a light dance vibe to it. At first the low range vocals feel very calming, but as the song continues it starts to feel a bit repetitive. I miss a bit of a build-up in the song. It continues to stay on the same level throughout the whole song. Unfortunately I couldn't find a live version of this song yet since it only just got released. I wonder if the ball of light we see in the video is going to play a role in the performance as well. I'm curious to hear how this one will be performed live and in particular how the vocals will sound. Belgium has had a few good contestants over the last few years, but I'm not sure this will be it. I'm wishing my Belgian neighbors a lot of luck, but I don't think this will make the Grand Final unless they manage to do something spectacular with the performance.


Representing Cyprus is Hovig with the song Gravity. Now this is one that I think will do well. Catchy song with a bit of an Imagine Dragons vibe to it. The video seems very simple, so I'm guessing that's what they will do for the performance as well. Maybe combined with a dancer like we saw in the video. The song is already stuck in my head after hearing it 3 times, so that's a good thing. If you ask me this will definitely make it to the Grand Final. It's too early to tell if it has winning potential, but I definitely think it might.


Last, but definitely not least is Czech Republic. They are being represented by Martina Bárta with the song My Turn. Unfortunately there is no live performance or music video for this song yet. Judging from the audio alone I am pleasantly surprised. It seems like us Dutchies have set a trend when we first send Anouk in 2013 followed by The Common Linnets in 2014 and Douwe Bob in 2016. This is very much a serious song just like the 3 I just mentioned were. The singer sounds like she has a strong voice, so I think this will sound just fine live. The song is not quite a ballad, nut also not quite an up-tempo song. It's somewhere in the middle which makes for an interesting sound. Somewhere far away it reminds me a bit of Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor. The pictures you see in the video are from the official music video. Which means there will be a bunch of people in underwear in there. I'm not quite sure what it means, but it looks like some kind of statement perhaps. I'm very curious to see how the video will look and if those people in underwear will also make an appearance on stage. I definitely think this song has Grand Final potential and maybe even winning potential. So far it's one of my favorites yet.

Those are another 3 contestants for Eurovision 2017. What did you think of the songs I just showed you? If you have a favorite please let me know in the comments below.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten