Statcounter

vrijdag 24 maart 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 6

After messing up my planning a little this week we have another Eurovision post today. Starting next week the Eurovision posts will be posted on Wednesday and Friday as usual. Today I'm showing you 3 more contenders from the semi-finals. Let's continue below to check them out.


SunStroke Project are representing Moldova with their song Hey Mamma! To say I understand what's going on here would be a lie. But it's very Eurovision for sure. In fact, it's so very Eurovision that they already participated before in 2010 and ended up in 21st place. There is an entire meme surrounding the saxophone player, who is known as the "epic sax guy" online. In my opinion the vocals aren't too great and I can't understand a word of what the singer is singing. The saxophone player doesn't seem to be playing live in this video, since a microphone is missing. In 2010 it did seem like he was playing live, so maybe once the semi-finals are here he will be playing live. I'm not sure what the rules are for that. Now going back to the song, it's catchy for sure, especially with the saxophone. Do I realy like it? No. But then I kinda do. It's catchy, but from a musical point of view it's sort of terrible. But that's Eurovision. The only thing I don't understand is the girls in the bride costumes, what is up with that? Now this is typical Eurovision sillyness, the saxophone player is an internet meme, so there's a good chance this will make the Grand-Final I think.

This year Montenegro will be represented by Slavko Kalezić. When I said I didn't understand the previous contestant, then I certainly don't understand this. But it's very Eurovision and I'm sure many people will like it. Eurovision isn't always about the best singer or the best song. It's often about the performance too. This is certainly more of a performance act than a musical act. But it wouldn't be Eurovision if we didn't have those acts. I'm not sure what else to say. I think this is something you need to experience yourself and make up your own mind.

After two quite extravagant performances we are now on to Poland which is being represented by Kasia Moś with the song Flashlight. This song is another ballad, which there seem to be quite a few of this year. Although this isn't a bad singer I did detect some slightly off key bits in this performance. The voice of the singer reminds me a bit of Celine Dion, but more angry. Now the song itself isn't bad, but I think there are better ballads out there this year. I don't think this song will make it to the Grand-Final unless they will change the performance a lot.

These were today's three Eurovision contenders. I will be posting 2 more next week on Wednesday. So if you want to hear more, please check back. Please let me know in the comments what you thought of these 3 songs.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten