Statcounter

zaterdag 18 maart 2017

3 songs I really like right now

As a fan of music you are always discovering new music. YouTube, Spotify, the radio, you name it. Sometimes you already know the artist, but they can suddenly surprise you with something as well. Or sometimes it's a new artist on the scene who you really like. I picked 3 songs that i really like at the moment and I will share them with you below.


I've never really been a huge fan of Rihanna and her music. Some of her songs I like, some others I don't. She's not really an artist who's album I'd buy. But I'm fine with her songs on the radio. In 2011 she surprised me with California King Bed and recently she surprised me again. This time it was with Love On The Brain. I was in the car with my dad and the song was playing on the radio. At first I wasn't aware of who was singing, but I did like what I heard. Then a little further into the song I realized it was Rihanna. But it's not really a song you usually expect to hear from Rihanna, so that threw me off. Even my dad was asking me who the artist was. Meaning even he was somewhat interested. And his music taste really doesn't usually involve Rihanna. The song itself is a really nice ballad, but it's also lyrically and musically powerful. My favorite part are Rihanna's vocals during the chorus, where she's almost screaming without actually screaming. I definitely don't mind hearing this song on the radio and I'll even turn up the volume.


Katy Perry is another one of those artists who I don't really listen to a lot. I'd say I like her music a bit more than Rihanna on average. But it's not like I own any of her cd's or anything like that. The first time I heard Chained To The Rythm was when I was watching the Grammy Awards where she performed the song together with Skip Marley. Now I don't mind Katy Perry and her songs are usually really catchy, so I figured I'd give it a listen. After hearing the song I was instantly hooked. The song is really catchy, like we're used to. Then it has this light reggae vibe that makes it even easier to listen. Instant hit if you ask me. Especially now that the weather is looking very much like spring this week this song fits so well. I think there's a chance we're gonna hear this one a lot more during the summer. With a potential album following I'm very curious to hear what Katy Perry will bring us in 2017.


Now Dance music isn't exactly something I know a lot about. But as a Dutchie you can hardly escape dance since so many of the great dj's come from our tiny country. Martin Garrix is the latest on the scene and he seems to be doing really well. This collaboration with Dua Lipa is doing really well and so is Dua Lipa and her music. This track is a great dance/pop collaboration. Dua's husky voice works really well and the song is super catchy. Every time this song comes up I turn up my radio, cause I love it so much. As far as Dua Lipa goes, I am really loving her music so far and I'm very curious for her album which is set to come out June 2nd of this year.

These are the 3 tracks I really like right now. Are any of these on your playlist? Let me know in the comments Also, if you have any other suggestion for great song or wanna share what you are currently listening, please let me know below.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten