Statcounter

zondag 12 maart 2017

My week in music

It's the end of a week, my first week of blogging, and I'd like to go through it by showing you the music I've been playing this week. I still love playing cd's and have a decent collection, but I also use Spotify if I'm on the go or if I don't own the cd for example. I've shared a few things I've been listening to on my Twitter and I'd like to expand on that a little more in this post. So please read along.

To track my digital plays (mp3's, Spotify, iTunes, etc) I use Last FM. By installing their plugin on my computer and connecting my Spotify account to my profile all my plays get synched (scrobbled is what they like to call it) to my profile. It gives me a great overview of the amount of plays I have per day/week/month/year. It also shows me which artists, songs and albums I play the most. If you're a nerd when it comes to music then it's a great way to keep track of what you're listening to.

Checking my profile I can see that Ed Sheeran is my most played artist this week. Which is understandable since his new album Divide just came out. I've been playing it quite a few times and probably will continue to keep doing so. Second highest is for One Direction, in preparation for my article from yesterday I've been playing quite a few of their songs. And even today while the article is already out I still find myself playing it again, which is not such a weird thing since I'm a big fan of their music anyway.

A bit of an odd one perhaps is one that I've played both digitally and physically (sometimes digital is just more convenient at times). And that is not even the "odd" part yet. I'm talking about The Common Linnets their first self titled album. I don't think I've played that album ever since Waylon decided to leave the group. It just felt a little weird and I just left it there for a while. But while checking my collection my eye fell on that one and I decided to play it again. While playing I was once again reminded of why I loved the album as much. So there's a good chance this one will be played more often over time.

Then finally I also played Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones and Ramones - The Chrysalis Years. Skin and Bones is always a good choice if I want to play something mellow. It's one I come back to fairly often. The Chrysalis years is a 3 disc Greatest Hits type of album. I hadn't played it quite a long time and decided to give it a play. I must confess I didn't actually play all 3 discs this time around, so I might get back to this one at a later time as well. Another album I also played was Fleetwood Mac's Tango In The Night which is always a great classic album to play. Everyone always mentions Rumours when it comes to The Mac, and although that is a legendary album I think Tango In The Night deserves some credit as well.

That's it for this week. Please share in the comments what you have been playing this week. I;d love to hear it. Have a great week this week, with lots of great music!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten