Statcounter

zaterdag 29 april 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 13

We're almost at the end of these Eurovision series. Today I'll be discussing the final 2 songs from the 2nd semi-final. After that I'll be moving on to the countries that have directly placed themselves for the Grand-Final. Which means we have a few more posts to go before the start of the first semi-finals. Today I'm gonna be showing you the songs from Switzerland and my own country, The Netherlands! Continue below to hear the songs.

Timbelle will be representing Switzerland with the song Apollo. The song is a ballad with some modern influences. Personally I'm not a huge fan of this. I see that many people on YouTube seem to like it, but to be the song is nothing special. It's a good song, but I don't think it has something that makes it stand out. My gut tells me this won't make it to the Grand-Final. I might be wrong, but I really don't see anything in particular that would make this song win.

Then finally I get to show you the Dutch entry for Eurovision. Representing my beautiful country are OG3NE with the song Lights and Shadows. I have known about OG3NE before Eurovision and was never a huge fan. It's just not really my music, the girls are talented enough, they're fantastic singers. But it's just not my thing. After a few plays of Lights and Shadows I must say that I do like the song. It is a ballad, which there are a lot of, but it has a lot of build up. The girls are fantastic singers, it's hard to believe this is 100% live, but it is. Their harmonies are perfect and they work well together. They've been together for many years and it shows. The started as Lisa, Amy and Shelley and participated in the 2007 Junior Eurovision and won. I'm not sure if they will win this year, but I think they have a chance to be the dark horse of the competition. I hope they will make it to the second final, they really would deserve at least that. I think there's a good chance they will, but maybe that's personal bias.

These were the final songs of the second semi-final. On Monday I'll be back with another Eurovision article. I hope everybody has a great weekend, please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought of these two songs.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten