Statcounter

zondag 2 april 2017

My week in music

It's Sunday again, a new week has almost started. So it's that time again where I'll be showing you what I've been playing this week. No cd's this week, so all the plays were digital. But there was some fun stuff in there. So I hope it will be interesting anyway. Continue below to find out.

This week there are two top artists, since they both have equal plays according to Last FM. They are Dua Lipa and Miley Cyrus. Since all the Dua Lipa plays have been spread over multiple albums and Miley's plays all came from one album, it means that Miley Cyrus' Can't Be Tamed album is the top album.


The week started of with the Spice Girls. I had been working on my girl group article for a while and inspired by that I decided to play their album Spice, because it has so many great tracks on it. Love Thing is one of my favorite songs that didn't become a single. But if I'm being honest, there's no bad song on that entire album. It's a great album, lots of fun even in 2017. A few of the plays for this album continued on Tuesday.


Thursday and Friday were filled with Dua Lipa. I have really come to like her music a lot and love hearing it on the radio and playing it. I have mentioned her name on here quite a few times already. As said countless times now, I can't wait to hear her album once it comes out. So far Blow Your Mind (Mwah) and Scared To be Lonely (with Martin Garrix) are my favorite tracks, but honestly it's hard to choose since I love pretty much all of her songs so far.


Then on Saturday I played Miley Cyrus' entire Can't Be Tamed album. Not sure why exactly even, but it's quite a fun album. I remember that around the time this album came out there was a lot of controversy around Miley and the way she was "growing up" looking back that was barely anything. If only they knew that a few years later she would be swinging naked on a wrecking ball in one of her music videos. That isn't my favorite era of her musically, but Can't Be Tamed is quite nice. A bit overproduced at times, as can be heard in Robot as well. There's a little too much autotune, but I still love the song because of it's lyrics. Another gem on the album is Forgiveness and Love, an amazing ballad on which Miley shows a very grown up side of herself. It's been 4 years since Miley's last studio album and honestly I would like to hear something new from her again. She's been focusing on many other things lately, but it would be good to hear her singing as well sometime.

That's it for this week. Not many artists, but that's cause I've been playing some full negth albums instead of a few tracks here and there. I'm curious for what next week will bring, no predictions here yet. Leave a comment below to let me know what you've been listening to this week.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten