Statcounter

maandag 17 april 2017

Eurovision: The Contestants part 9

Hey everyone, I am back with a new Eurovision post. Today I will be showing you 3 more songs from Bulgaria, Croatia and Denmark for you. There's lots of talent in the competition, these 3 songs are no exception. Let's take a look below to see how I feel about these songs.


Kristian Kostov will be representing Bulgaria in the second semi-final with his song Beautiful Mess. There's two things you instantly notice when you watch the video above. He seems very young and he has an amazing voice for seemingly being so young. Kristan Kostov is 17 years old, but he's already very talented as you can hear above. He has a very frown up voice for being 17 years old and he sounds absolutely perfect. His voice is very rich and warm and no flaw to be found at all. The song is lovely, with beautiful lyrics. This is another amazingly talented contestant who has the potential to go far. I think the competition will be tough, since there's a lot of talent this year. But in my opinion Kristian Korstof deserves a place in the Grand-final.

Representing Croatia is Jacques Houdek with the song My Friend. When this first started I was a little confused. The song starts with the high pop-like voice, but then moves into a very deep opera voice. during the song the singer keeps switching back and forth between the two and it confuses me a lot. I thought i wasn't gonna like it, but once the confusion had settled I actually quite liked the song. It's very original once you get past the confusion. After finishing the song I suddenly realized the melody sounded a little familiar. Then I realized that it sounds like Let It Go From Frozen. A prediction is hard to make for this once. The singer seems talented, I do wonder if he can switch as easily between the pop and opera voice live as he does on the studio version. This is a song that definitely has potential, the voice switching is a cool gimmick that sets Croatia apart from other countries. So who knows.

Anja will be representing Denmark his year with her song Where I Am. My first thought was that this was gonna be another ballad, but once the song took off I was actually surprised. Anja has a really powerful, flawless voice. The song is quite nice, maybe not the best song in the competition. But her voice is amazing! She sells herself with her voice immediately. Something I also noticed right away was her amazing English pronunciation, which is something that sometimes ticks me off when other countries English (I'm picky, I know). One quick look at her profile confirmed my thoughts. Anja was born and raised in Australia, but her parents are Danish. Which explains the amazing pronunciation, because that is something you rarely get from a non-native speaker. I don't care that much for the song, but with her voice she just sells it. It's hard not to imagine this in the Grand-final. But as i said before, competition is tough. I am curious to see if she will leave her performances plain like this, or if she will add any theatrics. Honestly I am hoping she will leave it just like this, because with a voice like this you don't need anything else distracting you.

These were the 3 songs for today. I hope you enjoyed my opinion on the songs. Please let me know in the comments how you feel about the songs and which one is your favorite so far.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten