Statcounter

woensdag 19 april 2017

Eurovision: The Contestants part 9

Hey everyone, today it's time for another Eurovision article. I'm going to be showing you the songs for Estonia, Macedonia and Hungary. Check out all the songs below and decide if one of these contestants is a possible winner.



The first up today are Koit Tome and Laura who are representing Estonia with their song Verona. This one just isn't doing it for me. I can't understand what the woman is singing at all. It's like she's singing but her nose is blocked or something. It probably has to do with her English pronunciation, but it really disturbs me. I understand that some people are better at English than others, but if you're singing a song in English it would seem pronunciation is quite a key element. When the guy starts singing I can understand him better. I still have no idea what the song is about though. Except about being lost in Verona. The 80's synth pop vibe is catchy and makes the song likeable, but it's not enough for me to fully get on board for this song. I'm sure many people will love this song, but I'm not one of them unfortunately. With the strong competition going on this year, I don't think this song stands out enough to make it to the Grand-Final.

Jana Burčeska will be representing Macedonia with her song Dance Alone. This song also seems a bit of a modern take on synth pop. Just like the previous song. The song is very carefree and fun, definitely catchy too. Personally I don't see much special in it, it doesn't really stand out to me. But I like it better than the previous song. As far as predictions go I can't really say for sure if this song will make it to the Grand-Final. I give it a maybe.

Representing Hungary is Jaci Pápai with the song Origo. Now I always have a hard time discussing the song that aren't in English. Especially cause I don't want to insult anyone's culture. I have said before that I'm not a huge fan of non-English songs. As far as this song goes it seems very cultural in style, not like a traditional pop song you would hear on the radio worldwide. Yet it does seem like they incorporated some modern influences in the song. The singer does seem to tell quite a deep story if you look at his facial expressions. There's even some rap in the song. I like the addition of the dancer and the violinist and also the interesting instrument he is playing himself. It's really hard to make a prediction on how this song will do. I think it will depend on how much people are able to relate to the song even though they can't understand the lyrics. So I'll give this a maybe.

There were today's 3 songs. Was there a song that you liked? Please let me know below in the comment section.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten