Statcounter

vrijdag 21 april 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 10

It's Friday, which means I'm back with a new Eurovision article. Today I will be introducing you to the songs by Ireland, Israel and Lithuania. As always, I will be linking you to all the previous parts at the bootom of this post. If you haven't read those yet, be sure to check them out as well. As I said before, the competition seems quite strong this year, which I think will it very interesting. Let's move on and see how today's songs sound.

The first song I'm presenting to you today comes from Ireland. Brendan Murphy will be representing Ireland with the song Dying To Try. This is a fairly calm and quiet song, at first I was afraid it was going to be boring, but it's not. It's a soft and beautiful song. I hope the quietness of the song can make it stand out among some of the other songs. That's why this one is a maybe for me, cause I'm afraid he might get lost between the other songs. Overall a sweet song, if Brendan can vocally deliver he might have a shot for the Grand Final.

Next up is Israel, who are being represented by IMRI with the song I Feel Alive. This is a fun, upbeat dance song, a good try to fit in with modern pop music. Yet I don't really get anything special from this. It's not a bad song, but it doesn't have that wow factor for me that makes it stand out. It doesn't catch me immediately. Now I don't claim to be a know it all when it comes to music, but I do feel like I have a fairly good sense of what works and what doesn't. I'm sure many people will still like this. It might end up in the Grand Final, I can't tell. But I don't feel like Israel has got a winner here.

The final song for today's article is by Fusedmarc. Even though I only see one person on stage, Fusedmarc is actually a duo as far as i can tell. They will be representing Lithuania in the second semi-final. Now I'm gonna be very honest about this one. I forced myself to sit through this, but about halfway I was ready to give up and click away. This is actually quite rare for me so far. Because even though I didn't always like all the songs presented, I could at least wait them out. I couldn't understand anything of what she was singing, I felt like she was singing of key. The high parts where very thin and i felt like she was overcompensating with the "yeah, yeah's". Now this is supposed to be experimental music, so maybe I just simply don't understand this. But I don't think this will earn a spot in the Grand Final. Because if I don't get it, many more people probably won't.

These were all 3 songs for today,  I'll be back with a new Eurovision article on Monday. Regular articles appear every day, except when there's a Eurovision article. Which is on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please let me know you thoughts about the songs in the comments.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten