Statcounter

woensdag 26 april 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 12

Another day, another article. Today we'll be talking about Eurovision once again. We're getting close to the end of the 2nd semi-final now. Just 5 more songs to go. But then we still have 6 more songs that have automatically placed themselves in the Grand-final. Today I have songs from San Marino and Serbia for you. I was also gonna post the Russian song today, but Russia decided to withdraw itself from the competition. More information that here. You can hear the song here. Let's waste no more time and continue reading and listening below.

Representing San Marino this year are Valentina Monetta and Jimmie Wilson with their song Spirit of the Night. The song is a catchy house/dance track. I think this has quite a chance of doing well, it's catchy, it's fun. Jimmie Wilson's voice actually reminds me a bit of Haddaway, who you might know from the song What Is Love (baby don't hurt me). I think the crowd in Kiev will definitely be dancing along to this one. I think this one at least deserves a place in the Grand-Final.

Tijana Bogićević will be representing Serbia with the song In Too Deep. I'm not quite sure what to say about this song. It's definitely not a bad song, far from actually. Judging from this video. Tijana seems like a good singer and the song is catchy and modern. yet I'm not quite sure how this will do. It's like a ballad, but not quite. Which makes it both interesting and hard to figure out. I'm guessing the dancers and the hoop will probably make an appearance during the performance in Kiev as well. I'm interested to see how this will look visually on stage. Af far as the Grad-final goes, I'm giving this a maybe.

These were the two songs for today. On Friday I will be posting another Eurovision article for you. Tomorrow, on Thursday I will be posting a regular article. Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought of these 2 songs. Do they belong in the Grand-final or do you prefer a different song?

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten