Statcounter

donderdag 20 april 2017

Throwback songs: songs from 2001

Another day, another throwback. Last month I wrote one of these articles and I figured it would be fun to do another one. Today I dug up some songs from 2001 for you. Take a look below and see if you can still remember these songs.


Bootylicious is probably a song that most people will know. Even if you were born in the early 200's there's still a good change you might have heard this song. A fun fact about this song is that the guitar riff you hear throughout the song is actually a sample from another song. Not just any song, a true classic. I'm talking about Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks, who is also known as the lead singer in Fleetwood Mac. If you look closely you can see her make a cameo in the beginning of the video (she is holding an acoustic guitar). I actually heard this song while I was at the grocery store yesterday and had stop and check for a moment if it was Destiny's Child or Stevie Nicks.

Next up is Paid My Dues by Anastacia. Now this song is still a jam, no denying. in fact, a lot of Anastacia's songs are. Her name is unmistakeably connected to the early 2000's. She was known for 2 things mostly, her ever changing colored glasses and her big voice. Especially that big voice is one that is hard to forget. She has her own unique sound, which makes her so recognizable. Paid My Dues is just one of those songs that makes you feel like you can do anything whenever you listen to it. It's hard not to sing along when you are playing this song. I most definitely did while writing this article.

The third song in this article In The End by Linkin Park. This song is another 2001 classic if you ask me. Pretty much everyone can sing along to this. I was only 10 in 2001, but I remember this song quite well. If you just need to let go for a moment this song is perfect. You can jump around or just sing along on top of your longs. It's good to let all the negative energy for a bit. I'm not a huge fan of rap, but the mixture with rock just works for Linkin Park. It gives the song something extra. Without it the song would still be good, but I feel like the rap just makes it even more serious. Maybe because you can focus a little more on the lyrics, since there is no real melody. In The End is a classic Linkin Park song and will probably be remembered for ages.

Ending this article on a lighter, we're moving on to Whenever, Wherever by Shakira. I remember this song and this clip so well. This was Shakira's big break worldwide and after this Shakira was a big thing. I loved most of her songs, the whole Latin vibe just worked. At the time i had no idea what the lyrics to this song were. Now that I'm 25 and I do sort of know the lyrics I realize that maybe it was a good thing I could only sing the chorus. because I'm not sure if my parents would have enjoyed me singing "lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains" at age 10. Shakira has made many more successful song, but whatever happens, everyone will always remember this song. It's the one song everyone knows and loves.

This was my 2001 throwback. Did you enjoy this little travel back in time? Let me know if you did in the comments below.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten