Statcounter

maandag 24 april 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 11

Welcome back, today it's time for part 11 of my Eurovision series. In this article I'll be showing you the song from Malta, Norway and Romania. If you're as curious as me to hear these 3 songs then please continue reading below.



Representing Malta with the song Breathlessly is Claudia Faniello. Now I must say, my first thoughts weren't very positive. But I do like to go beyond my first thoughts and give each song a fair chance. At first I thought, not another ballad. Though once the song progressed I actually started liking this quite well. It's a beautiful song, with beautful lyrics. There's a small part in the melody that reminds me of the song Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas. Now I see quite a few people in the comments saying the song is boring, which i can understand. But for once I don't agree. There are a lot of ballads in the competition, but this is one of the better once if you were to ask me. I'm not sure this song is good enough to make the Grand-Final, but it's not a bad song. I just think people are looking for something a little more original than a classic Eurovision ballad.

Norway will be represented by JOWST (Joakim With Steen) with the song Grab The Moment. JOWST is actually the man with the Daft Punk like mask in the background. He is the one who wrote and produced the song. The singer is Alexander Wallmann, who was a finalist on the Norwegian edition of The Voice. I think this song has major winning potential. With Eurovision it's often that you hear a song and you just know. It's the case with this one. Everything just fits for some reason. The singer has an amazing laid back voice, the song is catchy. I can't describe it, but it works. I'm not a huge fan of dance songs, but this feels like more than a dance song. If this doesn't reach the Grand Final then I will never make a Eurovision prediction again. Among all the ballads this song is surely going to stand out.

The great thing about Eurovision is the diversity in music you get to see. We started with a ballad, the went to a dance song and now this. "This" is Ilinca ft Alex Florea representing Romania with the song Yodel It! What can I say about this? It's catchy for sure, a little bizarre. I have no idea what it is about, but I wouldn't be surprised if this one goes far in the competition. It's slightly bizarre, but not even that bizarre for Eurovision standards. Especially the female singer is actually a really good singer. So there's that. I don't have much more to say about this song really, you just need to hear it. I don't think it will win, but I think it will be popular. As I said, it's slightly weir, but we all kind of love that about Eurovision though. The last few years the "weird" acts have been decreasing a little and the song quality has gone up. Now that is quite a good thing, but it would be nice to keep the weird to some degree. Like this for example.

Those were today's songs from Eurovision. I think that so far this must be the Eurovision article with the most diverse songs yet. Which is what keeps Eurovision so interesting. Check back tomorrow for a new article. A new Eurovision article will be up on Wednesday. You can find all the Eurovision articles so far below here. Please let me know in the comments what you thought of these songs.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten