Statcounter

maandag 8 mei 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 16

Today is the final part of my Eurovision series. It has been a great journey to share all these song with you. Today I will show you the final 2 songs from Ukraine and the United Kingdom. Please continue below to listen to the songs and read my opinion.

First up is O. Torvald and their song Time reprenseting Ukraine. I enjoy seeing a bit of a rock band in the competition, it's always fun. The statement of the song seems fairly clear and somewhat political with what's going on currently. As a song itself, I fairly enjoyed it. Not my favorite song, but definitely not terrible. Now I'm not sure rock still has a winning chance at Eurovision since Lordi and Hardrock Hallelujah won. But at least it's nice to see rock represented as well among a pop heavy contest. I don't think this song will win, because in my opinion there are better song in the competition.


Representing the United Kingdom is Lucie Jones and her song Never Give Up On You. This is certainly one of the better acts the UK has send in for a while if I remember right. The song is beautiful and Lucie Jones is a great singer. She delivers the song full of emotion. Yet this is just another beautiful woman in a lovely dress singing a beautiful ballad. There are so many of these in the competiton and this is not the best one of them. Therefor I don't see the UK winning this year, but it looks like they at least are on the road of redeeming themselves for some of the bad choices they have send in the past.

These were the final 2 songs, by now I have showed you all the songs of Eurovision 2017. My best guess is that Norway is going to win this year's Eurovison. I have a very strong feeling about that. We will see if I'm right in a few days. Today is the first semi-final, check www.eurovision.tv to see at which time you need to turn on your tv. Have fun and I'll be back with you soon. Also leave a reply below and tell which song you think is going to win Eurovision this year.

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten