Statcounter

woensdag 3 mei 2017

Eurovision: The contestants part 15

I'm back today with another post from my Eurovision series. We're almost at the end of the song introduction. One more and then we're all finished. I'll probably be doing a prediction or maybe a recap of the semi-finals and Grand-Final, but I'm not sure about that. The next two songs I have for you are from Italy and Spain. Continue below to check them out.

Representing Italy is Francesco Gabbani with the song Occidentali's Karma. Now I have talked about my views on songs in native language many times before, so I will leave it at that. As to the song and performance. I personally don't like it. Sorry, I can't make much more of it. It's just how I feel. Sure, the song is catchy and the performance seems fun, but it doesn't work for me. And what's up with the person in the Gorilla suit? I'm honestly so not impressed and that's all I want to say about it, cause I don't like badmouthing music that some may enjoy.

Manel Navarro is representing Spain with the song Do It For Your Lover. Now this song starts of in Spanish and then crosses to English. Personally I would have preferred if he had chosen to either sing it fully in Spanish or English. The song is reminiscent of a Jason Mraz song, it has that easy vibe, but with a modern twist. The only problem is that the song is way too repetitive. I think 75% of the time he is singing the words "do it for your lover". Now although repetition is usually the key to a hit song, you can also overdo it. That is the case here if you ask me. It's a shame, because at first i was excited about this, but that quickly faded.

Please leave a reply below and tell me what you thought of these songs. I would love to hear your opinion!

Find the other parts here:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten